Thursday, July 15, 2010

*~* Week 39 and the false alarm *~*

First off sorry I have been a terrible blogger I have a new love in my life who has taken over and it was almost impossible for me to hop on my computer to do my updates. So I am going to start at the beginning here and work my way to the present. So for week 39 my husband and I decided it would be a great idea to sit down and watch a pregnancy video about labor, signs of labor, delivery, breathing techniques, ect. I don't know if that did more harm than good but we watched and took metal notes of things to look for. My doctors appointment went well and they let me know if my little fella wanted to be difficult they wouldn't let me go a week and a half past my due date. My weight stabilized with me gaining a grand total of around 47 pounds. But as of that appointment I was still only about 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I felt like there was no hope and that this little guy was going to make a super late appearance in this hot weather. I was still swollen beyond belief and working full time...and every day I showed up to work I got. . ."wow your still here, your still pregnant" yup. . . I was still pregnant! So the week went on and Sunday night arrives. It was like any other night but the information from that video was lurking in my mind, then as I was sleeping I was awakened by what felt like a mini leak. I looked on the bed and there was some fluid there, I was having contractions but unsure if this was the real deal or braxton hicks contractions. It was around 1:30am and my husband decided immediately I was not in labor, because the video said that there are 3 signs that show your in labor and well he didn't see enough signs. I however really thought I was in labor so I called the doctor and then after what seemed like forever I received a call back and was told the only way to know if it was placenta leaking was to come in and have them do some tests. So here we are. . . I'm running around like a mad women thinking I am in labor and my husband who was 100% positive that I wasn't took his time and packed his bag and finally we get to the car and what does my darling husband do at this time you ask. . . he proceeds to do 50mph on the highway on cruise control with me freaking out thinking I need to get to the hospital asap! So finally after what seemed like an eternity we arrive at Hartford Hospital. We do all the paperwork necessary and they get us into a room to start the tests. A few hours later and a few tests later and my husband was as smug as he could be due to the fact that he was right and it wasn't labor. . . . EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I couldn't have been any more disappointed then I was at that moment and in addition to that I knew I would have to go to work in a few hours :o( So we head back home but I still felt like it was better to be safe than sorry. Now not to be too graphic but as your cervix thins out (effacement) you can have increased vaginal secretions, well nobody bothered to tell me that little gem of a fact! Thanks a lot! So back home we went and Monday was a long day.
Internally Logan increased to the size of a watermelon. He should be over 7 pounds and around 20 inches long.

Internally Logan's outer layers of skin are being shed and he is continuing to put on fat to help keep him warm once out of the womb.

And here is what was my final belly pictures! Look at that belly and to that day I did not have a single stretch mark!


and lastly for this post the bare belly shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment