Tuesday, February 16, 2010

~*~ ? 20 Weeks. . . Boy or Girl ? ~*~

So this was a week that I couldn't wait for! A very big doctors appointment lay ahead and my whole family came up to share in the news :o) But I will hold you in suspense for a little longer. . . So this week I am at the mid point 20 weeks down and 20 weeks to go. I have now gained a total of 17 pounds. . .lord help me, but I have still managed to stay in my regular clothes with the assistance of my belly band. My blood pressure looked good and everything looked great with the baby. I also got to find out my blood type. . .information which has evaded me for. . .well for my whole life, I believe she said O+. Prior to this appointment I was concerned since I haven't felt the baby moving at all and I felt almost as if I was losing weight, but my concerns were unwarranted and things are great!

So now on to baby information. According to one site the baby is the size of a small cantaloupe (my favorite fruit)



. . .according to another site the baby is about the size of a banana. . .which I was eating all last week and now the thought of eating a banana makes me sick (go figure)


So internal view shows that at this point the top of my uterus is now at my belly button. The baby's skin is now covered with a greasy white substance called vernix caseosa which protects the baby from being submerged in the amniotic fluid. Lastly and most unpleasantly for me is the baby's bowels are building up meconium which is a combination of digestive secretions, swallowed amniotic fluid and sloughed cells, this will all show up in the baby's first diaper.


And here a just a few shots from our 20 week sonogram. . .

Here is the profile view of the baby. . .


Here is the baby's legs. . .the detail is so amazing you can even see the toes!


Here is the baby's face, you can even see the baby's eyes.


The baby's arm. . .


The baby's foot. . .which according to the doctors I will start to feel kicking in the next 2 weeks!


Profile view of the baby with the arm stretched up by the head.


The baby's fist. . .


and. . . .wait for it. . . . wait for it. . . . drum roll please. . .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So my guess was that I was carrying around a little boy. . .my entire family thought differently and believed it was a girl. So as the sonogram tech was looking around. . .I said "Hey isn't that a. . . " and then the tech typed it up on the screen. . . "IT'S A BOY!" Of the experience of having to wait 20 weeks to find out I told the tech it was like "carrying around a Christmas present and just not knowing what it is." And now I know and I am beyond excited. . .Mommy's little boy. . .I love him so much already! Logan Hudson Ponticelli <3
*** Side note, I have not had the chance to take my belly picture yet this week due to my being sick with congestion and exhaustion but I promise once I get the chance I will get that up here as well :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment