Monday, March 15, 2010

~*~Week 24~*~

So I'm 24 weeks in now. I finally broke down last week and bought some maternity clothes. I really couldn't make it any longer so I took a trip down to Motherhood Maternity over at the Westfarms Mall. I was intimidated at first since I was alone and had no idea what to get and trying on clothes at this point. . . lets just say it's not very appealing. But I walked away w/ 6 shirts, 1 sweater, 2 pairs of work pants and a pair of jeans. I will need to go shopping again soon but hey its a start. What's great is my maternity shirts are so cute I think I'll be able to pull them off even when I'm not pregnant. Other than that I also made all of my invitations for my NY Baby shower. . .that was a lot more work than I thought it would be but I really LOVE the way they have turned out, which makes it all worth it. It was also nice to hear that my mom is getting excited about my shower. It will be over at my parents new house so I can't wait! Back to what's new with the pregnancy. . .still a lot of the same, peeing A LOT, some heart burn and gas build up (which was lovely for chest pains today). Today I had my 24 week check up and everything looks good. . .I'm a whooping 179 pounds now. . .God that sounds so depressing! But Logan's heart beat is strong and it was like music to my ears :o) But now the doctor says I need to take out my belly button ring. . . I'm so upset about this! I have had this since I was 16 that's almost 11 years. I don't think I can go through the re-piercing process again so I'm still trying to hold off but she says it's really going to have to go soon :o( I also now have to schedule the dreaded glucose test which I fear. See with me if something doesn't taste good. . . strong gag reflex. . .sends chills down my spine just thinking of it. . .yuck! I'm going to attempt to schedule that appointment for this Saturday so we will see how that works out.
This week Logan is about the length of an ear of corn (8.5 inches and 1.5 pounds). MMMMM I think this just triggered a craving. . . spring is almost here!

Internally my uterus is now about the size of a soccer ball. Logan's lungs are undergoing some development. . .the branches of the respiratory tree are growing and developing cells that will produce a substance that will allow the air sachs to inflate easily. Lastly he is developing his taste buds. . .so I hope he likes my cravings of the moment which include Coco puffs, McDonald's, Dutch Pancakes, Chocolate ice cream, ect. . . .

And here I am in my week 24 belly picture. . .I'm wearing my new maternity clothes here. . .and yup those are maternity jeans :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment